Saturday, July 26, 2008

A Siberian Birthday



How Awesome are these shoes! We are just about to head out for the day for a fun birthday exploration day. We cannot get out to the rock climbing place, Stolby Park, as it is infested with ticks and no one goes out there until after August. We are instead going to rent bikes and explore Kras!




Serg (our driver) and Yelena, who does everything else (power of attorney, guide, translator, and mother hen) presented this Russian shawl to me yesterday for my birthday gift. We were blown away and very thankful for their love and kindness. It is beautiful and I am so touched to have such a meaningful treasure to take back home.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday, Jill! The shoes and the shall are wonderful. We'll miss you at the beach. Many hugs,
Charis

Jen Gray said...

Well, that'll sure put some bling in your birthday! Great shoes and gorgeous shawl.
Happy Birthday, sweetie! Glad to see you smiling and having a great time, though I'm sure you can't wait to get back to your boys!

Caleb's Momma said...

Love the shoes! Better than what i pictured. The shawl is gorgeous, what an amazing gift/gesture. I am guessing they don't buy gifts for every person they drive around who is celebrating their birthday. :)

Happy birthday!

Chris Joanne Kaden and Sadie said...

Jill, I love your birthday shoes. Will Andy be returning sporting a mullet? Just curious.

All of us wish you a safe and happy birthday.

Chris, Joanne, Kaden and Sadie