Today was one of the most fun visits this week. Stasi was up and waiting for us in the lobby when we arrived. He is usually very groggy and cuddly after his nap, so I always try to get him first. He eventually wakes up, and then becomes his spazzy self! The caregivers were not outside right away so we did more climbing lessons with both boys. Sasha got about half way up this ladder before he freaked out, but he still did it! I asked Stasi if he was, “mamma’s mal cheek” (mamma’s boy) and he said, “neyt, dada’s mal cheek” (no, dada’s boy). How cute is that! I later asked him again and he said, “da” (yes). Good. I am glad we got that settled! Sasha has learned how to take Andy’s pony tail holder out and now loves to do that and mess up his hair. They play a game of “where’s dada” in all that hairy mess. Sasha also LOVES cars which he calls, “Beep! Beep!” He is going to be amazed at all the beep, beep’s out in the real world once he leaves the orphanage. I spent Friday saving Stasi from the ants, ladybugs and spiders, and tried to keep the dirt out of Sasha’s mouth, and off of his face which he liked to scrub all over himself. Personally I don’t care about the dirt, but dada and the caregivers do! We have had three successful attempts with three different snacks; raisins, apple chips and banana chips. All devoured within minutes. These will all be great snacks for the plane.
Today is Saturday and we cannot see our babies. The two other couples we’ve been hanging out with get their boys today (each are adopting one), so we are anxious for them to arrive back at the hotel around noon to see their homecoming, at least what we get to watch of it. The rest of our day today will be buying some items for the orphanage, underwear and some shoes, and getting me my 35th birthday present to be worn tomorrow: The gold shoes! I just have to have some, it’s just too funny! We’re also off to hunt down some good coffee. We are both dying for come good espresso!
5 comments:
Oh, what a great family picture, and I am loving reading all these details.
Praying for your hearts today as you are separated from your boys.
Have fun shopping! And drink a coffee for the both of us. :)
Glad to see your waiting period is giving you such good bonding time :)
Thanks for your comments on the group board about what to say when others say weird things about adoption...
heather
Hi Jill & Andy:
I think that is wonderful if you can help the others with toys and clothing while you are there!
Bravo!
Love, Old Dad
Love you guys, love the picture too!!! Can't wait to see the shoes.
I love your family photo! I am so totally enjoying reading about your play time with the boys and their personalities. So, it's going to be the neat versus the dirt-loving, I love it! Thank you so much for keeping this blot. I love feeling connected to you all even though your half a world away. I love you all!
Charis
Post a Comment