Okay, Okay, Okay! I read the posts and yes, it is true, I have a fear of bikes. I can understand how hard it is to believe that Andy got me on a bike but I hope this picture proves that it actually happened, and yes, going across the bridge was terrifying as you can see by the look on my face. It took some courage, but I am so glad I did. It made the day fun and memorable.
We have been given two extra visits with the boys and for that we are so thankful! Today the boys had their first car ride since the day they came to the orphanage. They took us to take the boys passport pictures. When we heard we were doing this our first thought was great, Sasha will love this. HA! Once Serg told Sasha he was going in the car, he wanted out of my arms so fast. He kicked, screamed and cried as we climbed in the car. Stasi just had the deer in the headlights look, but not a sound came from him. Both boys clung to us for dear life. Once we got going, Sasha’s nose was glued to the window and his head was moving as if he was watching a tennis match. He couldn’t keep up with all those beep! beeps! driving by. About half way into the drive, he looked up at me wide eyed and said, “Beep! Beep!” I said, “Da!” and he watched and smiled the rest of the time (still holding on for dear life though).
Once back at the orphanage they had many of the toys purchased the day before out and it full use. The Dr. who went with us to the toy store wanted us to go see the children using all that we (you) purchased. We heard more laughter and saw more smiles that day than any of the other days we have been here. It just warmed our hearts to see such joy on these little faces. They even wanted us to get on the Junior Jumper, so we did. They had reserved one just for our boys to play on alone which they both loved. After a while, we took the boys inside so the rest of the children could bounce away.
Sasha, our little non stop eater, wacked his brother for the first time today (I am sure it won’t be the last). Stasi looked stunned. Stasi had the water bottle and so far they have been great at sharing. But Sasha panicked that he wasn’t going to get the water bottle back and, in a desperate attempt to get another drink, hit his brother. We assured him that there would always be more, but to a two year old who doesn’t understand you I am sure it sounded like, “blah, blah, blah”. So, project for tomorrow!
Andy is feeling better, thank you for praying for him. I am still loading him up with Emergen-C and we are still taking rests until Saturday cuz it is all over then! We are finding joy in the fact that we have only 3 more days to say good-bye to our boys at the orphanage. When Saturday comes, we leave with them and never have to see those sad “where are you going” faces again.
4 comments:
It is so great to read your blog. I get teary-eyed every time I do! We can't wait to meet your little ones and have you meet our little guy! Be blessed and we'll be praying for a healthy, safe, and swift return to the states!
I'm so glad that you guys are getting out of your hotel room and having a great time. I hope you both are feeling better now. I love those gold shoes by the way.=)
How cool to be able to purchase all of those toys and things for the orphanage! We were only asked to make a financial donation, which is fine but to be able to be a part of the purchasing is such a blessing.
Enjoy your last few moments of freedom together, you'll never experience that again!;) We are very excited for you to get your sweet boys into your custody.
Please tell Yelena thank you for me for finding out about "N". We appreciate her and Serge very much.
Blessings,
Penny
Will be praying for the car rides ahead... especially from LAX home.
So now you know Sasha is a normal toddler. :) I am sure we will have many days ahead of helping he and Caleb to share, and "use your words" which will be interesting with the language barrier. The joys of parenting...
Yeah, 3 more days! I can't believe it. I am so glad that you have had so many times of visits to build the boys' trust and relationship to prepare for all of the adventures that they will now face with you! Think of the plane ride compared to a car ride!!! Wow, how exciting. Can't wait to see the boys (with you as their family!). Laura
Post a Comment